10 Reasons Why Captain America Would Be The Ultimate Boyfriend

COMMENT

I’m a huge Marvel movie fan – I think they’re all amazing! Fantastic action, humour and great characters...one of my favourites is Captain America. I think we all have our own image of our ideal boyfriend in our minds. For some of us, Captain America might come pretty close to that. Let me explain why…

P.S. For those of you who haven’t seen the three Captain America movies, there’s some spoilers in here!

1) HE’S LOYAL

Just look at his relationship with childhood friend Bucky (a.k.a. The Winter Soldier). Bucky has been brainwashed to do terrible things and even tries to kill him on multiple occasions, but Captain America stays loyal to him and fights his corner because he knows they’re true friends and won’t give up on him.

2) HE HAS AN EPIC GROUP OF FRIENDS

How amazing would it be to hang out with the Avengers?! If Captain America was your boyfriend you’d be welcomed into their dysfunctional family and be able to hang out with those awesome people on a regular basis. Pretty cool, huh?

3) HE’S A CLASSIC GENT

As you may well know, Captain America was a soldier in the American army during WWII until he was frozen in ice for 70 years. This means he’s from a time where chivalry was fully alive and kicking. You could bet he’d treat you with plenty of respect and be a real gentleman.

4) HE’S BRAVE

Look at his job – he’s an Avenger! He’s always fighting supervillains and trying to save the world and that, my friends, takes guts. This guy is clearly on another level when it comes to bravery. Bravery is a very attractive trait in a guy – we like to feel like he’d do whatever he could to keep us safe.

5) HE’S SELFLESS

Spoiler alert! At the end of the first Captain America film, he is flying a plane full of weapons of mass destruction. There is no way of landing the plane without risking detonating all the weapons on board so he crashes it into the ocean to prevent killing others. He sacrificed his own life to save everyone else which is a pretty big deal!

6) HE TAKES CONTROL

Captain America is the guy who gives the orders within the Avengers team. He’s cool and collected and makes major decisions with a moment’s notice. It’s nice to have a boyfriend who can take charge now and then, especially if we’re freaking out!

7) HE STANDS UP FOR WHAT HE BELIEVES IN

If you’ve seen the new Captain America: Civil War movie you’ll know what I mean. He and Tony Stark, a.k.a. Iron Man, have different opinions about the future ways the Avengers should operate. Although he ends up fighting Tony over it, he sticks to his guns and does what he thinks is right. That’s what we need – a guy who follows his heart.

8) HE’D KEEP YOU SAFE

Captain America is an amazing fighter. He’s faced some pretty tough fights and he’s always come out alive. You could walk down the street with him and feel 100% safe in the knowledge if anything kicks off, he’s got your back.

9) HE LOVES LONG TIME

Is this a good thing or not? Arguably yes, but it could also mean you face some competition for his affections. He fell in love with Agent Peggy Carter in the first movie and even after 70 years in the ice and (no doubt) plenty of female attention, there’s a part of him that will always love Peggy and never be truly over her. It’s pretty sweet.

10) HE’S HOT!

Come on, how could I not mention this! Captain America is a super-being and is therefore seriously ripped. Obviously looks aren’t everything, but look at him…it’s definitely a bonus!

So what do you think - is Captain America amazing boyfriend material?

If you like what you see, please follow me :)