Eat, Pray, Love, Adventure

COMMENT

Spring has sprung people!

Love is in the air along with hearts and butterflies.

If love is in the air, do you hold your breath or inhale?

I choose to hold my breath because I have allergies and can not with that pollen, which is why I'm pro Summer.

The beautiful Summer weather yields the opportunity to eat, pray, love, and go on adventures.

The challenge is where to eat, what to pray for, who to love, and when to go on adventures.

Where to eat?

I strongly urge you to stay away from the chain restaurants.

The small moms and pops owned local spots in different locations are the best and often little well-kept secrets.

Personally, I have my local staple spots for several places that I go.

The question remains how to find these said favorite local spots?

You can always ask a local or get on Yelp.

Yelp is a great source to find the local spots with reviews and menus.

There are still restaurants in my hometown that are locally owned that I haven't visited or even was even aware of yet!

Check Yelp.

Recommendation: If you're ever in Columbia, SC head over to Cafe Strudel.

They have a great selection and is the perfect place to eat after a night of partying in the Vista.

What to pray for?

No matter your religion if you have any, the one thing I find in common with most religions is prayer.

The belief in the power of prayer is great and having a personal relationship with a higher power can be refreshing.

Patience, guidance, and strength are the things I often pray for.

I pray for patience because everything has its season, and I can sometimes not recognize that.

I pray for guidance because I sometimes go astray from the path I am meant to travel.

I pray for strength, to endure any obstacles that may come my way and you never know when you'll need to be strong for someone else.

Recommendation: Pray for your relationships that mean you good to prosper and those that mean you bad to vanish

Who to love?

Love is a four letter word that is not to be taken lightly.

This four letter word can make or break people.

Love is the foundation of the mind, body, and soul.

Who should you love?

Love yourself above anyone else walking this earth.

Loving yourself gives you everything you need to love someone or something else.

Love everything you are, flaws and all.

We aren't perfect, and that's beautiful.

To grow in your essence self-love is vital.

Recommendation: Affirmations in the mirror are very encouraging.

If we stare at ourselves long enough and tell ourselves all the things we want someone else to say, you start to believe them because you are speaking truth.

When to go on adventures

Traveling, in general, is scary to most people that are willing to admit it.

You don't necessarily have to travel to go on an adventure.

Adventure happens when you have an experience for the first time, whether its people, places, or things.

This summer find your passion, fall in love with life, and re-live things several times and document it.

Adventures live on through photos and film.

Today's technology makes it possible to feel those moments still, even when we aren't in them.

When to go on adventures?

Every day of your life but the Summertime is a great time to start.

Recommendation: Spontaneity is a lifestyle.

XoXo,

As Told By Whit

In Love & Relationships