Dealing with PCOS? Here are some tips that can help.

1. It's hard to admit, but carbs are not our friends.

We all know how damaging carbohydrates can be on our bodies, especially women's bodies, and ESPECIALLY women with poly cystic ovarian syndrome. Women's bodies with pcos have a more difficult time processing and breaking down carbs than other types of bodies. To really take care of your body try cutting out carbs, if that is to hard, which believe me it's awful just thinking about; try replacing regular carbs with whole wheat options.

2. 30 minutes of exercise a day.

A side effect of pcos is weight gain. Our metabolism is lower than the average woman. Raising the metabolism in any way is an awesome way to jump start any weight loss journey. 30 minutes of mild activity a day such as running, tabata, or even just a brisk walk can get your metabolism the slightest bit

3. Talk to your doctor.

I know what you're thinking. Not the D word. Are you saying I have to go more then my yearly check up? And by yearly I mean I only go when I feel like I'm dying. Well yes, it is very important to keep your doctor updated and informed on how your body feels, if you experience any weird changes, or abnormal periods. Whether it's pcos, endometriosis, or other problems because this tip can be for anything, ALWAYS talk to your doctor. If they notice something really wrong they can offer advice or even go as far as prescribing medicine that may be life changing.

4. Remember women all over the world are going through the same thing.

So many times I have sat in my room in tears, thinking why am I going through this? I bet no one understands. Then I got on my trusty best friend, Internet, and read testimonies and unbelievable blogs about other women with pcos that felt the same way I did. I saw hope for a better future when I realized I'm not alone, and I will never be. Women are already strong, physically, emotionally, and mentally. Throw in women who can over come obstacles that they have no control over really open my eyes to the how much power women really have.